Advocating Solutions for Kids Home page

Frequently Asked Questions

 1. What is an Educational Advocate?  
    An educational advocate is a highly trained person with specialized knowledge about the disability or the educational process. Your advocate should have a working knowledge of your child’s disability and understand the special education system. An advocate is NOT an attorney.
  2. What does a case manager with the CPW Child and Pregnant Women Program offer by the Dept. of State Health Services do?
    Help identify needs, find services, referrals to community resources and other services.
  3. What do you need to be eligible for CPW services?
  A child or pregnant woman must be eligible for medicaid, have or are at risk of a health problem that keeps them from doing things other kids their age and or need help in getting services to keep health or pregnancy  problems from getting worse and a willingness to work with a case manager.
  4. How much does it cost?
    The fee is $150 for the initial assessment.  there is no charge for those eligible for CPW services through Medicaid..
  5. Where else can I look for information?
  Texas Health Steps 1-877-847-8377
  The ARC of Texas-214-634-9810
  Council of Parent Advocates and
  Autism Speaks

Phone Kathy: 214-793-6352  or  email:
Who are we page Home page Frequently Asked Questions page Services page Espanol page